Hello and Welcome
This Blog contains Material which some readers may find Objectionable. I post on a variety of subjects. If you don’t like something then feel free to comment , without comments I have no idea what posts are offensive. I will not be taking anything done before I feel it is time, but my mind is not set in stone, if you think that your point of view is better than comment and we can discuss it.
Went for a walk around the block tonight at about 8pm, the weather was nice not too hot not too bright with the setting sun. walked 1.76mi in 32.01min, longest walk yet, not sure i was ready for a walk that long, was looking at some old friends on facebook and found my ex, looked thru some of her posts and was able to glean that she has started running in triathlons and other such races and lost some weight, i on the other hand have put on about 30 or 40 pounds since she saw me last, so i felt sorry for myself for about five minutes and then said fuckit and went for a walk, just need to remember that feeling sorry for myself doesn’t solve anything fuckit and walk does. next week i think tim and elizabeth want to start walking with me, i also talked to tim about joining a 5k with me and other races like the Tough Mudder in march, really just want to stay motivated to change the way i look and feel. the gut has to go, i just hope it understands why. now that my work schedule has been adjusted will start doing things on the weekends, already planning to go see the genghis khan exhibit in irving and the chinasaurs at fair park
This is the year that I turn 32, this is also the year that I decided i no longer want to be round or have the body of a god called Buddha, no offense to Buddha. i started walking to get in better shape on the first of July, it is now the third of July, and I have walked twice this month. The original plan was to walk once a day, maybe I should revise that to once every other day. Sunday Morning and 84deg, nice time for a walk. 24min56sec total time with a distance registered on my iPod of 1.33mi, Farthest I have walked yet. Nike+ iPod transmitter on the outside of my shoe, not yet willing to spend $130-$150 on a pair of shoes for this. Don’t really know what else to say at this point, oh i could say that the last time i weighed myself at work the scary number was 361, will be weighing myself there as the have the better scale., and will continue to post the numbers here as nobody i know reads this yet.
Robin Williams, wearing a shirt that says ‘I love New York ‘ in Arabic.
You gotta love Robin Williams……Even if he’s nuts! Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.
Robin Williams’ plan…(Hard to argue with this logic!)
‘I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here’s one plan.’
1) ‘The US will apologize to the world for our ‘interference’ in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those ‘good ‘ole’ boys’, we will never ‘interfere’ again.
2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany , South Korea , the Middle East , and the Philippines . They don’t want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.
3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave We’ll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are. They’re illegal!!! France will welcome them.
4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don’t like it there, change it yourself and don’t hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don’t need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.
5) No foreign ‘students’ over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don’t attend classes, they get a ‘D’ and it’s back home baby.
6) The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while
7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don’t like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)
8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not ‘interfere.’ They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.
9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don’t need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.
10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us ‘Ugly Americans’ any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH. .learn it…..or LEAVE….Now, isn’t that a winner of a plan?
‘The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying ‘Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses.’ She’s got a baseball bat and she’s yelling, ‘you want a piece of me?’ ‘
Recently I have had Basal Cell Carcinoma removed from my nose, I now have a skin graft in the spot that it resided. The process was relativley painless after the local was applied, the repair was even more painless, as I can’t remember anything past being rolled into the operating room. The most important thing I can say to anyone who thinks they may have a spot or has spent more than an hour in the sun since you were born is to see a Dermatologist on a regular basis. I have at least one probably two more spots that will need to be removed and those will be taken care of in the next few months. I am just glad to have the cancer removed and the skin graft is doing well thanks to the doctor I had. I would just like to thank the people that helped me with this, Dr. Singher, for the biopsy, Dr. Postin for the council, Dr. Sedrak for the removal after Dr.Postin called out sick, and Dr. Pownell, for the repair, and all the nurses that worked with the good doctors to keep me calm and worry free.
And I don’t want anyone to worry about it, I will NOT be posting pictures of the before or the after, because I know how much I hate seing medical photos.
Who the hell is
Last night in Los Angeles , the local ABC affiliate preempted the entire World News Tonight broadcast for a breaking local story.
Whatever Charlie Gibson might have reported about the economy, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the
President’s health care plans, unemployment rates
or the like didn’t make the air. Instead, we got extended coverage of the helicopter delivering Michael Jackson’s body to the county coroner’s office and Jermaine Jackson’s
emotional statement on behalf of the family.
It occurred to me that much of the news this week has focused on three entertainers who passed away: Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Every human life is precious, and every family grieves the loss of their love ones, but the
media predictably lavish attention on those who have lived their lives in the footlights. There is precious little recognition for the good and quiet people who do not live public lives.
Coincidentally, I recently received a note about a quiet man who died three months ago. He was a helicopter pilot when he was younger. I’m guessing your local news didn’t remark
on his passing – I’m pretty sure it wasn’t reported by ABC in Los Angeles – so here it is.
You’re a 19 year old kid. You’re critically wounded, and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley , 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam .
Your infantry unit is out numbered 8 to1, and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200
yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to
stop coming in.
You’re lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns,
and you know you’re not getting out. Your family is half way around the
world-12,000 miles away-and you’ll never see them again. As the world starts
to fade in and out, you know this is the day.
Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of helicopter,
and you look up to see an unarmed Huey, but it doesn’t seem real, because
no MediVac markings are on it.
Ed Freeman is coming for you. He’s not a MediVac pilot, so it’s not his
job, but he’s flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the
MediVacs were ordered not to come.
He’s coming anyway.
And he drops it in, and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.
Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire, to the doctors and nurses..
And, he kept coming back,13 more times,and took about 30 of you and your
buddies out, who would never have gotten out.
Medal of Honor Recipient, Ed Freeman, died Wednesday, March 25,2009 at the age of 80, in Boise , ID.
May God rest his soul.
Medal of HonorWinner
Since the Media didn’t give him the coverage he deserves, Send this to every American ou know.
THANKS AGAIN,ED,FOR WHAT YOU DID FOR OUR COUNTRY.
It is the month of May, in Dublin. It is raining, and the place looks totally deserted. It is tough times, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit.
Then, one day, a rich tourist comes to town.
He enters a hotel, lays a 100 Euro note on the reception counter, and goes to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to choose one.
The hotel proprietor takes the 100 Euro note and runs to pay his debt to the butcher.
The butcher takes the 100 Euro note, and runs to pay his debt to the pig grower.
The pig grower takes the 100 Euro note, and runs to pay his debt to the supplier of his feed and fuel.
The supplier of feed and fuel takes the 100 Euro note and runs to pay his debt to the town’s prostitute that in these hard times, gave her “services” on credit.
The hooker runs to the hotel, and pays off her debt with the 100 Euro note to the hotel proprietor to pay for the rooms that she rented when she brought her clients there.
The hotel proprietor then lays the 100 Euro note back on the counter so that the rich tourist will not suspect anything.
At that moment, the tourist comes down after inspecting the rooms, and takes his 100 Euro note, saying that he did not like any of them, and leaves town.
No one earned anything. However, the whole town is now without debt, and looks to the future with a lot of optimism…
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how most Governments do business today!
Got the Fry’s ad on friday last week, and found a great price on a Viewsonic LCD monitor. Got to thinking about the monitor I have used for about the last nine years., and decided it was time to get a new screen.
Went out this morning and picked up a 22″ LCD, got it home and hooked it up and could n0t believe how big a different it could make. Had to download a new driver to get the image right and the screen size correct, but it looks effin great now.